Throughout your jiu jitsu journey you will be faced with adversity, injuries, and questions. We don’t have all the answers, but we can share perspective and experience gained through travels, training, and competing around the world. We hope you’ll find inspiration here.
Tom McMahon is the founder of Rise Again BJJ. He started studying Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in 2006 under Pedro Carvalho and Emilio Samartin. He was promoted to brown belt faster than anyone in the school’s history. In 2012 he moved to Minneapolis for work; and under the mentorship of Damian Hirtz, joined the renowned Alliance Team. In 2014 Damian awarded him his black belt on behalf of Fabio Gurgel.
- World Champion (2009 weight purple belt adult)
- Panam Champion (2010 weight purple belt adult)
- Masters Worlds Champion (2012, 2013 weight + 2013 open brown belt)
- Panam Runner Up (2009 weight purple belt adult)
- Masters Worlds Runner Up (2012 open brown belt)
- #1 Ranked Masters I Brown Belt (2012 + 2013)
- World Pro Champion (2014 weight black belt adult)
- NY Open Champion (2015 weight black belt adult)
- San Antonio Open Champion (2015 weight black belt adult)
- Panam Bronze Medalist (2016 weight black belt masters)
- Over 125 competition fights
- Over 50 medals won